Transmit audio over TeamViewer

Update:

With new version of TeamViewer (8.0) audio is transmited by enabling “Computer sounds” from Audio/Video menu. If you need advanced options you can check other options in Audio/Video menu.

With new TeamViewer V 7.0 we’ve got the possibility to transfer audio from, or to, remote PC. The sound quality is not best (depends on the connection, but it’s also meant for voice, not high quality audio).

The trick is using the new “Voive over IP” option, that can be found under “Audio/Video” menu in TeamViewer’s toolbar. After activating this option, a new widget will appear in the panel. Under the volume controls there is “Transmit my audio now” control, which will start the audio transmission from the PC it’s activated on.

Simple as that, but, as it’s a new option it hasn’t been discovered by many.

, , , ,

17 Responses to “Transmit audio over TeamViewer”

1. James Vincent August 7, 2014 at 7:48 am # Reply

Hey, That’s a good feature by teamwork. Transmission of Audio from remote computer. It works similar to RHUB remote support servers, wherein,you can share your computer audio with your attendees.

2. chrisc November 16, 2013 at 3:15 pm # Reply

When using Teamviewer to control Foobar on a remote PC, when the music is paused there is a buzzing noise present from the PC’s sound system. This disappears when the TV session is terminated

3. Bruno B. November 12, 2013 at 12:20 pm # Reply

If you’re annoyed with endless teamviewer commercial use detection you may like free for home and commercial use Aeroadmin http://aeroadmin.com/

It’s simple and does what it’s required from remote desktop software. I’d say – a teamviewer alternative.
    Hope it helps.

4. Eugene September 5, 2013 at 12:36 pm # Reply

Try this Ammyy Admin http://www.ammyy.com
    The software doesn’t require installation and registration. You can connect to any PC which is behind NAT.

5. Jim South January 15, 2013 at 5:32 am # Reply

There is no “tranmit audio now”…what is going on?

• clone February 1, 2013 at 9:10 am # Reply

In the new update they removed that option, I hope there will be a new way to do it again.

6. Vince October 18, 2012 at 8:48 pm # Reply

I was able to transmit microphone sound from the host to the client however am unable to transmit the sound from say a video playing in windows media player… Is it possible to do this? If not what other solutions can I try alongside TeamViewer? Thanks

7. BBB October 15, 2012 at 6:07 pm # Reply

I’m using version 7.0.14563, I don’t see the “Transmit my audio now” option at all. Was it removed recently?

• clone October 25, 2012 at 9:21 pm # Reply

I can’t see it also, I’ll have to re-test the method.

8. clone August 30, 2012 at 9:40 pm # Reply

Hi Andreas,
    The thing about echo is usualy the sound card settings. Try searching about that same problem (echo) with skype.

9. Andreas August 29, 2012 at 12:25 pm # Reply

I have found sound quality to be ok, but the major problem is echo. In a setup where one or several people use a mic and speaker on their laptops I always get an echo of my own voice. I have tried many things to cancel this, but the only thing that really works is using a headset, which is not possible in a conference room with many people attending the meeting.

10. clone June 20, 2012 at 11:55 am # Reply

Robo, I agree that Skype has better sound quality and volume, but sometimes, where skype is blocked, Team Viewer might be the only option. It’s better to know several ways to achieve something.

11. robo June 16, 2012 at 2:59 pm # Reply

I found the sound quite quiet, I guess using skype for calling while using the teamviewer might be a better option.

12. Harry Binswanger April 15, 2012 at 3:06 pm # Reply

I have TV 7 installed on the Mac. I see everything you describe, but there’s no “Transmit my audio now.”

Help?

• clone April 16, 2012 at 9:54 am # Reply

Hi,
      Screenshot shows local and remote modules, and where the “Stop audio transmission” can be located in both of them. “Transmit my audio now.” should be located in the same spot.

13. reastablish April 3, 2012 at 5:31 pm # Reply

It is truly a nice and useful piece of info. I am satisfied that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.

14. St Louis Cardinals March 29, 2012 at 2:59 am # Reply

This was very informative. I have been reading your blog alot over the past few days and it has earned a place in my bookmarks.